Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnnoyingPear
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,221
Message 1 of 26

Lenovo y510p cs:go is crashing while playing on sli

Hi there,

I've got lenovo y510p(with sli) about 6-7 month ago.I'm trying to play cs go but while im playing with sli on, game is crashing ( something like stucking or teasing i should say, and then there being bzzzzzz sound on the background just like when you are trying to change resolution). Im being able to press ctrl+alt+del and close the cs go or sometimes it doesnt even let me do it so i gotto close pc with power button.As far as i know its not happening on other games.My all drivers are up to date.I monitored the both graphic cards' heat and and they are usually 60-65C degree.Power charger is 170w.At this point I don't know what to do. I was looking for an answer for this problem in internet but couldn't find one. Can you please help me?

Pc Specs

Bios: InsydeH2O Version 03.73.0674CN44WW(v3.05)                

Processor: i7-4700MQ 2. 40 ghz           

Ram : 8gb              

Graphic cards : 2xgt755 one's brand is samsung other one's is hynix

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,212
Message 2 of 26

Re: Lenovo y510p cs:go is crashing while playing on sli

Hi AnnoyingPear,

Welcome to the Forums      

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with system crashing while playing games in your Lenovo Y510p laptop.

As you have mentioned that this issue does not occurs in other games, please uninstall the game and reinstall and check for the issue as this looks like it is a issue with the game.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists!                                                   

Best regards,                                                          

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

AnnoyingPear
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,190
Message 3 of 26

But i can play the game with sli off and nothing crushes but i get low fps. Do you really think that it can solve the problem?
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,180
Message 4 of 26

Hi AnnoyingPear,

This might resolve the issue, also check in safe mode does this issue occurs.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists!                                                   

Best regards,                                                          

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

AnnoyingPear
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,145
Message 5 of 26

I deleted and reinstalled the game as you asked but issue still continues. I played 1 game and there were 3 second teasing/freezing(it was unlimited before i reinstalled). And then at the late game a different crash happened and one of the gpu's memory clock and core clock lowered by itself. Sli was still working but there was input lag in game. And that lower clocks didnt get normal until i reset the pc.
AnnoyingPear
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,121
Message 6 of 26

It freezed in far cry 4 too
AnnoyingPear
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,103
Message 7 of 26

Any help please?
Ohfoohy
Paper Tape
Views: 2,090
Message 8 of 26

Try running steam as an administratior, also try playing it without geforce experience running. I was having a similar isue where the game would stop responding right when I tried to load a map, but it worked fine once I ran steam as an administrator. I still get some frame drops when im looking at smokes, but I normally don't run csgo in SLI mode since I get 100+ fps with low settings without it. (Add me on steam if you want and we can play sometime.)

AnnoyingPear
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,081
Message 9 of 26

Alright we can play sometime but that didnt solve the issue too
Ohfoohy
Paper Tape
Views: 2,072
Message 10 of 26

Are all your drivers updated? Also csgo isn't really a game you need sli on for.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors