01-27-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo y520 GPU not using its memory

2020-01-27, 8:12 AM

Hi, i have  Lenovo y520, with Amd radeon rx560 4gb Gpu, intel i7 7700hq, nvme ssd  and8gb ram.

So, my problem  started since i unplugged Ac from laptop to sit in bed to see a movie, and after a time the battey slowly descended, i have put to charge, everything ok to this time. 

I started a game to play but i had a laggy game, so i checked the power plan settings if if its on High Performane, it was ok, i tried a restart, a full charge, the problem still occurs. I tried many things to solve the problem, no-one solved the problem.

Yesterday i ruuned FurMark to to check if it using the Gpu or the iGpu. It uses the Gpu BUT!! Are not using its Gpu memory, that 4gb, at system display settings it shows that is shared only 128 mb, i tried in regedit to set the segment size to 512, still not working, remains at 128, please.. im searching by 2 weeks after this problem and i cant solve this problem, i hope Lenovo users can help me!

Solved! See the solution
Options

3328 Posts

12-11-2015

US

4182 Signins

46177 Page Views

• Views: 46177
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovi y520 GPU not using its memory

2020-01-27, 11:02 AM

The 128MB value that FurMark is reporting is a fictitious value set to fool very old games, and has absolutely nothing to do with the RAM that is installed to your AMD RX560, and setting the value higher in the registry will do nothing to change the amount of RAM installed on your video card,     Old video games used to check for enough RAM, and since they cannot address the video card directly to see how much RAM it has, Microsoft tricks them by saying that there is 128MB.    Newer games do not even check that value. 

Your problem is with the video driver or some setting etc, but it is not the fictitious 128MB value.    

Cheers, 

Options

0 Posts

01-27-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovi y520 GPU not using its memory

2020-01-27, 11:16 AM

I have reinstalled twice windows 10, i have updated all driver, i tried also that driver which i installed first time, dont work, but the thing is that, when my battery drainig down (sometimes you have too unplug of some reasons) the gpu doesnt work at high settings.. the drivers should be good i think..

EDIT: After spendig hours and days to solve this problem and downloading lots of driver versions and other programs i finally solved this HUGE problem. BTw, good luck.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save