Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hubsha
Paper Tape
Views: 235
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo y580 Inter eXtensible Host Controller not working win10

Greetings!

I'm currently working on reinstalling win on my cousin's y580 with following specs:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3110M CPU @ 2.40GHz
8GB RAM

GEFORCE GTX 660M

Everything went smoothly until the part where I want to install USB 3.0 drivers (responsible for 2x3.0 USB and 2.0 USB port).

I tried everything from installing win7 drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling them with Windows Update to forcing INTEL drivers intalation. So far no luck.

Browsing the forum I happened to find the topic: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/USB-3-0-Ports-Not-Working-Y580/m-p/3457050#M149... , where the guy assumes that motherboard is broken cause he bought it with "broken USB ports". That is not the case, ports were working just fine on win8 until the moment win10 was introduced. In the device manager the driver shows the error 10. I also came for advice to my friend using the same notebook with better specs(i7) and they are working fine for him.

So my question finally is: have anyone solved this problem for the given spec already and/or is it the case of the 64bit system(not fully supported with those specs)? I am frankly out of ideas rn.

Cheers,

Hubert

Gewgaw1
Paper Tape
Views: 161
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo y580 Inter eXtensible Host Controller not working win10

HI Hubert.

You do know that the y580 is not windows10 certified, right?

If you are that way inclined to 'must have' windows 10, windows 8 64bit drivers should be used IF windows10 does not install the driver for your device. Do not install windows7 drivers on win10

If you had windows7 before, you need to load win7 with all its drivers and then do an upgrade to win10.

You cannot do a clean install of win10 and then try and use win7 drivers.

I hope it helps you understand what your next step will be.

Top Kudoed Authors