Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnAttard
What's DOS?
Views: 688
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo y70 integrated webcam

My Lenovo Y70 Touch integrated webcam isn't working, i tried re-installing the drivers.

I went on device manager and "imaging devices" wasn't there. (but when i plug in a USB camera "imaging devices is shown  but the integrated webcam off "EasyCam" isnt showing Smiley Sad 
i really could use some of your help, trying to get the webcam fixed 
i just want to talk with my perents face to face in a streme 
please help me 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 672
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo y70 integrated webcam

Hi JohnAttard,

Welcome to the Forums  

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with webcam not working in your Lenovo Y70 laptop.

Press Fn +esc key and check if the webcam appears, check in the BIOS if the integrated camera is enabled under security menu, select I/O port access –integrated camera.

Also reinstall the webcam driver and check for the issue.

Click here for the webcam driver for windows 7.

Click here for the webcam driver for windows 8.1.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists.

Best regards,         

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

K1NGx12
Paper Tape
Views: 640
Message 3 of 6

Hi I am having the same issue with my webcam not being detected. I have had my computer since January and the webcam has worked fine until this last week. I am not sure I have done it correctly but I have tried accessing the BIOS but did not see an option for I/O ports to turn on camera as another thread suggested to do. I cannot access any camera settings/menus etc. I have attempted to download the driver multiple times and keep getting the message "No appropriate driver to be installed" the files unpack and I select install. I am on windows 8.1

Please help!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 605
Message 4 of 6

Hi Kingx12,

Try to press  fn+esc key this will enable the webcam. Also try to check in testmycam.com if the webcam is detected. Also try to boot in to safe mode and check if the camera is working.

Best regards,         

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

K1NGx12
Paper Tape
Views: 596
Message 5 of 6

Hi Ashwin

Just got around to it here. When i pressed Fn + Esc nothing happened on screen ( not sure if anything should) and the webcam was still not detected. both the camera app and testmycam.com displayed there being no webcam detected. And again after I booted up in safe mode, nothing had changed, and it was still not listed on the device manager.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 585
Message 6 of 6

Hi Kingx12,

As you have mentioned that the issue still perists it might be issue with the hardware please visit the nearest authorised service center for further details.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.

Best regards,         

Ashwin. S

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors