cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pjsoft
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,037
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo z370 all partitions are deleted, I have backups on DVD, how to fix one key recovery?

Hi.

My laptop is ideapad z370. I have system back on DVDs. All partitions are deleted. I now found out one key recovery doesn't work after resizing the partitions and deleted the system resereved volume.

I think one solution would be finding someone who has the exact same laptop and partition my hard disk exactly like that and assign a drive letter to the system volume and copy everything to my laptop.

But I can't find anybody.

Are there any solutions?

What happens if somebody buys a new hard disk and wants to use back up from one key recovery?

Former Employee
Views: 1,015
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo z370 all partitions are deleted, I have backups on DVD, how to fix one key recovery?

hey pjsoft,

as long as you have the backup you'll be fine.

I would recommend formatting the drive, set bios to boot from disc.

insert the disc as these disc are bootable and follow the prompts from the screen.

same concept goes if you bought a new harddrive; bios setting to allow boot from disc and follow prompts thereafter.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
fortune2luck
Paper Tape
Views: 827
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo z370 all partitions are deleted, I have backups on DVD, how to fix one key recovery?

i have z370 I installed the windows on C: which has the 600GB. There are 2 visible drive which is c and d only. I tried formating the D: and C: but only C: was formatted the splitted part became unallocated drive and cannot be formatted. It was hopeless because i wan to partition the 600gb into 3 partition which is imposible because it cannot be deleted. I read some forums and i knew about the OKR. Unfortuantely it says error from the create factorydefault. what can I do to do the partition i want? I want to have 3 partition CDE

c- for windows with 80gb

d: - personal

e-for my work

OKR doesnt work with me. it says unavailable. can i use USB bootable instead of dvd?

thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors