Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kofik20
Paper Tape
Views: 457
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo z50-70 Kaveri, cant switch from Intergrated to dedicated graphic card

Hello everyone. I own the Lenovo Z50-70 Kaveri and I would like to know if it's possible to use only the dedicated graphics card for gaming on this laptop.

First of all, my system specs are:

APU: AMD A10-7300 Radeon R6, 10 Compute Cores 4C +6G 1,90GHz

RAM: 4GB

GPU: Radeon R6 series (Integrated 512mb,), Radeon R6 M255DX 2GB

I know this laptop comes with the AMD's "Dual Graphics" feature. The problem is that most games don't work well with this setting (I had problems in many games with Dual Graphics enabled, such as screen flickering). Therefore I would like to use only the dedicated card, but no matter what I try, it seems impossible to get it working seperately from the integrated card.

I monitor the GPU load using GPU-Z, and the only way I could get the dedicated graphics card to show activity was when I enabled dual graphics with "AFR Friendly mode". Without Dual Graphics, it never turns on! But it is supposed to turn on when I set the power plan on "High performance", right?

What I've tried so far:

1. Disabled Dual Graphics and set every possible setting on High Performance (under power plan and CCC). The integrated card was used instead of the dedicated.

2. Enabled Dual Graphics, but set the game profile (in CCC) not to use Dual Graphics. No luck.

3. Plugged the laptop on an external HDMI monitor to see if the dedicated graphics card is enabled. Didn't help.

4. Tried to disable the integrated graphics card under Device Manager in Windows, just in case the dedicated graphics card was forced to be active. The result was to get 800x600 resolution and the AMD autodetect tool couldn't find any drivers.

I should also mention that there aren't many options in BIOS, only the "Graphics Device" setting which gives two options, "Dual Graphics" and "UMA Only" (integraded+dedicated or just integrated).

Any suggestions?

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 450
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo z50-70 Kaveri, cant switch from Intergrated to dedicated graphic card

Sounds like you have tried a lot already, but see the FAQ sectoin in link below from AMD.    Make sure you also have the latest driver from AMD, and note the section regarding enabling/disablig "CrossFire" in the FAQ

http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/technologies-gaming/dual-graphics

Good Luck

kofik20
Paper Tape
Views: 436
Message 3 of 6

Re: Lenovo z50-70 Kaveri, cant switch from Intergrated to dedicated graphic card

I couldnt find there any solution for my problem.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 427
Message 4 of 6

Do you already have the lastest AMD driver already installed?

kofik20
Paper Tape
Views: 404
Message 5 of 6

That was the first thing which I did

Larrrione
Punch Card
Views: 382
Message 6 of 6

the problem stay in the fact that only this pc and another brand pc have a dedicate graphics chip (not a card , is a chip solder in motherboard) that is less strong than the chip integrated on the processor , due to this fact the lenovo bios and architecture dont give us the possibility to use only the "pseudo dedicated" graphics processor.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors