cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pingu
Blue Screen Again
Views: 13,743
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo z50-70 Laptop won't turn on or charge?

I've had this laptop for 9 months, never had a problem. Earlier the battery went down to 7% so I grabbed my charger to plug it in but as soon as I plugged the charger in, the laptop just swithched off. It didn't shut down or anything, it just switch off. I've now had the charger plugged in for 3 hours and the charging light hasn't turned on and the laptop won't turn on at all. I've tried changing the fuse of the charger and even taking the battery out and putting it back in again but nothing has worked.

Please help! :/

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 13,521
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo z50-70 Laptop won't turn on or charge?

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Have you tried clearing the CMOS to see if it will help resolve the problem ?  Just follow this procedure.....

1. Unplug the charger / adapter.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the Power Button for 15 seconds.
4. Re-install the battery, plug in the charger / adapter if needed and power up the system to see if the problem was resolved.

If that doesn't resolve the problem then I recommend you contact Lenovo Support for warranty service.

Lenovo Support - United Kingdom

0333-777-3991  (National Rate)
9:00 - 18:00 Monday - Friday

Email

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Makennapeterson
What's DOS?
Views: 8,224
Message 3 of 4

Im having this same exact problem. Were you able to fix it?!

Lkellerz
Paper Tape
Views: 6,934
Message 4 of 4

My Z70 would not come on. No power light with or without the power connector. Disconnected the power, removed the battery, held the power switch on for 15 seconds, reinstalled the battery, reconnected the power supply and it started right up. Seems the last poweroff must have left it in an indeterminate state and doing the above apparently does reset the CMOS. Delighted to see it worked as I feared I needed a new battery.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors