Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Killinq
Blue Screen Again
Views: 295
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo z50-75 Black Screen and Fast Fan on Boot

I’ve been having this problem for a while now, whenever I turn on my laptop the screen is black and the fan spins really fast.

I’ve tried multiple things to try get it working, I’ve tried to take the ram out and turn it on. Try new ram. Take the hard drive out and turn it on, switch the hard drive. Try a new hard drive.

Even when there is no ram/hard drive in the laptop and switched on it still happens.

I’ve also tried draining the battery and holding the power button for 60 seconds without a battery in. Still doesn’t work. 

I’m not sure if it’s just the display that’s not working but normally when I boot up my laptop the webcam light flashes for a second but it when this problem happens it doesn’t need flash. 

Sometimes it will turn on and start working when I’ve had it turned off for a day or so but now that doesn’t work anymore. 

I’m just asking on here first before taking it in to the pc repair shop. 

MOD: Added details to post title

Highlighted
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 228
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo z50-75 Black Screen and Fast Fan on Boot

Hi Killinq!

Welcome to the community forums.

Are you getting an error message upon turning on the laptop? Does the fan noise that you're hearing is a rattling or a whistling sound? Could you try to perform a BIOS reset on the laptop by accessing the BIOS (here's how https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht500216?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6), press F9/Fn+F9 to optimize the default settings, press F10/Fn+F10 to save changes and exit. Once the laptop restarts, check if the issue remains.

Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Killinq
Blue Screen Again
Views: 223
Message 3 of 4

Its not bringing any error message up.

It is more of a whistling sound. There’s a lot of air coming out of it. 

I tried the fn+f2 and also f9 but it doesn’t bring anything up on the screen at all. Just the same as always. Tried pressing then f2/f9 before I turn on the laptop and then after. No luck.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 204
Message 4 of 4

Hi There,

Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.

Your issue likely to be hardware related.   The problem can occur as well due to other damaged components  (Motherboard, CMOS, Hard drive, System fan etc.) so it's best to bring your laptop to a repair center in order to identify the issue.

Regards,
Moe

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors