Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Koberon
Blue Screen Again
Views: 272
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo z50-75 difficulty reinstalling Windows 10

Hi all,

I have been running Ubuntu for a little while now, but want to migrate back to Windows. I have created an installation USB using both the Windows 10 version available directly from Microsoft and using the Windows Media Creation Tool (from an old tablet), but haven't had any success with either.

The problem appears to arise when booting to the USB. I am able to select 'Boot to USB' from the Boot Menu, however, when trying to load into the installer my computer hangs on the Lenovo splash screen for around 10 minutes and then follows the default boot protocol - straight back into Ubuntu.

Uncertain of how to proceed as i cannot get past the splash screen and its spinnning wheel. Any advice you can provide would be greatly appreicated!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 83
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo z50-75 difficulty reinstalling Windows 10

Hi Koberon! Welcome to our forums community. Just want you to know that the model is not compatible to run Linux OS. You can check the list of Lenovo devices compatible to run Linux here: https://support.lenovo.com/ph/en/solutions/pd031426.

The Windows 10 from a different device will not be activated on your computer should it boot properly. Try booting to BIOS and check if the HDD is detected. if yes, reset the settings. Once you are in the BIOS page, go to the Exit Tab > Choose Load default settings > Hit the Enter Key > Choose Yes. After that, still in the Exit Tab > Choose Exit saving changes.

BIOS: https://support.lenovo.com/ph/en/solutions/ht500216

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors