Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-16-2017

United States of America

2 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo z50 crashed during driver update

2017-06-16, 20:01 PM

I attempted to update my drivers for graphics card and the machine crashed. I attempted to update these drivers because I got a blue screen shutdown whilst playing a game. Now I can't get past the black loading screen? It all started with the following message. Your hardware settings have changed please reboot your computer.  I have attempted to update the BIOS previously but this also doesn't work. Is my machine broken? How can I fix it myself without sending it back to the shop? Thank you.

Options

4371 Posts

12-11-2015

United States of America

4576 Signins

52307 Page Views

• Views: 52307
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo z50 crashed during driver update

2017-06-17, 0:16 AM

If you are using Windows 8.1 or 10, you can create go to the Microsoft link below to create Windows Installation media on a DVD or USB Flash Drive, and then use it to boot your computer, select Repair vs Install, and then from the Advanced Repair Options choose to restore your system to a previous System Restore point.  

You can also create a System Repair disk from another computer and boot up off of it and run System Restored too, and that would be the best option if you are running Windows 7, but it also works in 8.1 and 10 too.   It can be created on any Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 computer, with the only catch being that it must be a 32-bit or 64-bit version of the OS similar to your Z50, but not necessarily the the same version of Windows.    The Option to create a System Restore Disk can be found under the Backup and Restore/Recovery Control Panel (Control Panel -> System and Security -> Backup and Restore), and requires only a blank CD-R to create.

Create installation media for Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media

Windows regularly creates System Restore points, so you should be able to restore back to one prior to the driver update using one of the methods above and get your system back up and running.

How to Create and Use a Recovery Drive or System Repair Disc in Windows 8 or 10

https://www.howtogeek.com/131907/how-to-create-and-use-a-recovery-drive-or-system-repair-disc-in-windows-8/

FYI- It is always a good Idea to create a System Restore point just prior to updating drivers, and keeping a System Repair Disk handy just in case thing go south.

Good Luck,

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms