Did you mean: 
SolFine
What's DOS?
Views: 1,404
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo z500 - High memory usege+turn off the touch screen

Hi,

I have Lenovo z500 Touch version.

My first question: Is there an option to turn off the touch screen? It takes a lot off battery and i rearly use it.

The second issue:

I have 8 GB of RAM memory, the constent state is about 45% memory use.

when I look at the task manager and I calculate the precentge of use by different processes and the amout of space they take in MB it looks like I have only 4 GB of memory.

For exemple, 800 MB use by the anti-virus is translated to almost 20%, somthing dosent end-up right.

I checked the hardware in Everset and in thesettings and they both showes 8GB

IS IT POSSIBLE?

Mod's Edit: System model added to Subject line to improve visibility / clarity

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,379
Message 2 of 3

Re: High memory usege+turn off the touch screen

hi SolFine,

Welcome to the Forums.

There's no feature to turn OFF/ON the touchscreen but you can try to disable it via the Device Manager > Human Interface Devices (there are usually 2-3 entries here and one of them controls the Touchscreen > right click on it and choose disable)

As for the RAM usage, can you try open System Properties (Winkey+I > PC Info) and check the Installed RAM area,

- Link to picture

If it says 8GB (4.xx usable), the RAM is most likely being allocated to the Integrated Graphics Processor.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

BH13
What's DOS?
Views: 872
Message 3 of 3

Re: High memory usege+turn off the touch screen

It is unfortunate that there is no hotkey for disabling the touch function.  I have a practical reason for wanting such a feature : wiping off the screen while using the comutuer.  It is very frustrating to have to stare at a piece of dust or something on the screen because I don't want to mess up what I'm doing by touching the screen.  I hope the Lenovo developers fix this in future models.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors