Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hensem
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,082
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo z500 backlit keyboard

HiI have a z500 laptop without a keyboard backlit.I want to buy a backlit keyboard, how do I install it?Is there such a possibility? What do I need to do this?
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 4,065
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo z500 backlit keyboard

hi Hensem,

Welcome to the Forums.

Changing the stock non-backlit keyboard to a backlit one is definitely possible.

To change it:

1. You will need a compatible Z500 backlit keyboard (see page 102-109 of the hardware maintenance manual)

- doing a google search, this item should work as it bares the Sunrex brand with a part #: 25206567

- Link to picture

2. In removing/replacing the keyboard, you can follow page 33-35 of the hardware maintenance manual or see this video disassembly guide (see FRU Videos) as a reference.

Edit: Added the link for the keyboard 

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Hensem
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,043
Message 3 of 5

Thank you very much for your reply. I found a backlit keyboard with Russian language as needed.The problem is that I do not know whether there is on my motherboard connector for a narrow plume for backlit. On the Russian forum, I read that someone had to solder 4 pin connector for the second plume.And then lights did not work.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 4,019
Message 4 of 5

hi Hensem,

AFAIK, the backlit keyboard must be a compatible part that's listed in the hardware maintenance manual (the model and the part # must be specifically listed), otherwise there will compatibility issues. Also, the power connector (the yellow cable in this picture) must also be connected into the motherboard (if there's nowhere to connect it into the motherboard, the backlights will not work).

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Hensem
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,009
Message 5 of 5

My laptop #59-385360. Ok.I'll see is there the connector on the motherboard. Thank you very much

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors