Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
riquim
Paper Tape
Views: 1,471
Message 1 of 9

Lenovo z500 don't sleep and take 5 min for turning off

Hi,

Since I've installed Windows 8.1, my Lenovo z500 don't sleep (it turn off instead), and take 5 min for turning off.

I tried to install all the new drivers and to disable hybrid sleep but nothing works.

¿what can I try?

Thank you.

derf26
What's DOS?
Views: 1,407
Message 2 of 9

Re: Lenovo z500 don't sleep and take 5 min for turning off

I also have this question! This has happened to me after upgrading to windows 8.1, but not immediately after, so it could be another problem.

Basically, sleeping is impossible. If I close the lid on my Z500, the screen will turn off but the rest of the computer won't, no matter how long I wait. All the LED lights will still be on, and the fan will keep working.

If I try to shut down, it will work, but will take about 5 minutes to do so (no exagerration here).

What's up with this? My laptop was SO fast and amazing and now after something happened to it it's slower than computers from the year 2000.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

derf26
What's DOS?
Views: 1,393
Message 3 of 9

I'm bumping the thread because I still haven't solved this, and none of the solutions I've found online have worked. This has essentially made it impossible to use my laptop as a laptop, since it is no longer mobile and requires several minutes to shut down or start up, and won't sleep.

Please guys, somebody help?
riquim
Paper Tape
Views: 1,372
Message 4 of 9

Have anyone found a solution?

More symptoms:
- For turning off I have to press "sleep", and it will be turned off after more than 5 minutes.

- If I press "turn off" or hibernate, it only restarts, after more than 5 minutes of dark screen.

Please, we need a solution. It's not normal that we have this problems with the first windows update....

aitorm
What's DOS?
Views: 1,365
Message 5 of 9

I'm having the same problem!! Solution please!! Smiley Sad
unpcono
What's DOS?
Views: 1,341
Message 6 of 9

I've almost the same problem:

It goes to sleep but it's not possible to turn it off. If I try to turn off it will restart, after 5 minuts of "nothing"

Please, do someone have a solution for our problems?
derf26
What's DOS?
Views: 1,256
Message 7 of 9

There's still been no solution. I've had this problem for a couple of months now and basically can't use my computer as a laptop anymore - it's been relegated to being a desktop and I have to use my smartphone when traveling.

I'm bumping this again - can we get someone in here to help us out please?

derf26
What's DOS?
Views: 1,248
Message 8 of 9

I think I've found the solution! It's the bluetooth driver. Check this thread out: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/Z500-boot-issue-after-updating-to-Windows-...

I tried the solution and so far it works!

tvin7
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 511
Message 9 of 9

@derf26 hey thanks a lot. Your solution works also in windows 10. I had turned on (or off?) the flight mode, it disabled my bluetooth and made my laptop impossible to sleep or shutdown.

I clicked that aeroplane button again, the bluetooth got activated and everything started working. This is weird behavior on an another level. Untitled.png

the icon suggests that the flight mode is activated, yet bluetooth is active, also sometimes when the flight mode is activated, bluetooth stops working and wifi gets turned on or off. It's all random. Microsoft should fix this.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors