Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gnuhcyee
Fanfold Paper
Views: 277
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo z500 touch delay in playing video

Hi,

I have been having a problem for sometimes ago on my lenovo z500 touch laptop. When I play video file, the player ( vlc) run a few frames, then it stop, after many seconds or at least a minute or more, it can play the video normally.  Before this problem occurred, I can play the video file almost instantly (well, have to wait a few seconds for the player to start, after that it can play without running a few frames then stop).

Before this, I have problem adjusting the screen brightness (it goes minimum brightness when i press the adjust button). So, I have updated the intel HD graphics driver (version 9.17.10.3223/10.18.10.3277 ) which i have download from the lenovo website. After that the problem with video happened but brightness screen problem solved. I have also try it on windows media player, still I have to wait  as long as the vlc to play without seeing it the run a few frames then stop. I also update NVIDIA often using driver downloaded from nvidia website.

So, what happened? I am using windows 8.1, 4 GB RAM.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 256
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo z500 touch delay in playing video

Hi Gnuhcyee,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with delay in playing video in your Lenovo Z500 laptop.

Try with different media player, try to scan for the virus as this might be issue with the virus. If the system is heating.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists!

Best regards,                                                          

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

gnuhcyee
Fanfold Paper
Views: 236
Message 3 of 4

Hi Ashwin,

I have try media player classic. The video was able to play very fast.

Thanks

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 220
Message 4 of 4

Hi Gnuhcyee,

Thanks for the reply,

As the video is playing fast in other media player, hence it is issue with the VLC player, please uninstall the application and download and install the new version and check for the issue.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists!

Best regards,                                                          

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors