Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ron82
What's DOS?
Views: 431
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo z510 black screen, no fan

Hi. I have a lenovo leptop that is quite old, but works ok. I usually keep it torned on.

Yesterday I tried opening it, the screen was black, the keybord light up and there was no fan noise. Connecting to external screen didnt work. 

I sew some solutions with f8+shift that didnt work for me. 

I cant take out the battary. 

What can I do? 

Thanks in advance

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 276
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo z510 black screen, no fan

Hi Ron82,

Greetings from Lenovo.

Suggest you perform power drain, disconnect all the devices connected, press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds. Connect the adapter and check if the machine turns on.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

IngoLechner
What's DOS?
Views: 239
Message 3 of 5

DearAll,

I am having the same problem with my Y500. The first couple of times when I turn it on, the screen stays black, no fan, but the keyboard light is on. After lets say 5 to 10 times turning it on and off again, it suddenly works. Reconnecting power and all hardware does not help. Lenovo system says that all drivers are up to date. What can I do?

Thank you,

Ingo

Mod's Comment: Please do not start multiple posts on same issue as this only splinters the discussion. Instead, keep your current discussion updated with any additional information. Your duplicate has been removed. Thanks!

Highlighted
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 224
Message 4 of 5

Kindly checked if the BIOS if up to date. If not, download the BIOS update here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6.

Once done, access the BIOS then load the BIOS to its default settings.

To access BIOS, you may follow steps here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht500216?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6. Press F9/Fn+F9 to load BIOS defaults then F10/Fn+F10 to save and exit.

Thank you!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

IngoLechner
What's DOS?
Views: 113
Message 5 of 5

Hi Auxen
thanks very much for your reply. Unfortunately, I might be too blind, but I cannot find the Bios Upate for the Y500...? Can you help me please?
Kind regards
Ingo

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors