Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cbirzer
What's DOS?
Views: 1,949
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo z570 Rubber Feet

Hello,

My Lenovo z570 rubber foot (1 of 5) has disappeared. My device is under warranty but losing it for 7 days will be a bit difficult. 1) is there any alternative to sending it in for repair? 2) how important are the rubber feet?

Thanks in advance
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,922
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo z570 Rubber Feet

Welcome to the forum!

Not only do the rubber feet keep the laptop from sliding on most surfaces, but they also keep the machine elevated off the surface for proper cooling.  I would contact tech support and see if they will just mail you out a set of replacement feet.  The installation of them isn't high tech, just peel and stick although it does help to clean the surface of any dirt or old adhesive that might be remaining. 

In lieu of mailing the laptop in, I would just check around on the Internet for replacement feet and purchase a set if tech support doesn't want help you .  Usually e-Bay will carry items such as that and the cost will probably be less than what shipping would be to mail the whole system in. Not to mention you won't be out the use of the system or have to worry about it being damaged in transit.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

cbirzer
What's DOS?
Views: 1,908
Message 3 of 4

I have tried both of these and cannot find either one. Any other ideas?
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,898
Message 4 of 4

I see that e-Bay is a little lacking in the Z570 parts.  Smiley Embarassed

There is a seller with a set of used feet from a Ideapad N585 model that might be usable.  That's provided the seller can give you with the dimensions of what he has.  A little pricy though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-Ideapad-N585-OEM-Bottom-Case-Base-Cover-Rubber-Feet-Foot-Pad-Rest-Leg...

An alternative is go with generic feet.  Find something close and trim to fit.

http://stores.ebay.com/No-1-Laptop-Parts/Laptop-Rubber-Foot-/_i.html?_fsub=495631016

Your local hardware may have some generic options as well.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors