Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alvin611
What's DOS?
Views: 516
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo z580 touchpad driver problems.

So I just recently bought a Lenovo Z580 i7 with windows 8 pre installed on it. My touchpad scrolling works for a little while whenever i restart my computer, but then it just stops working completely which is really frustrating. I've uninstalled and reintalled the synaptics driver multiple times, but the same problem keeps reoccuring. Anyone having the same issues/ have figured out a solution? Help please! this issue is making me hate switching over from my macbook.

jacrushar
Fanfold Paper
Views: 508
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo z580 touchpad driver problems.

Did you install the drivers from your D drive or did you download them from lenovo's site? I had the same or similar problem on my y580 and I just kept trying different places to get the drivers until I got one that works well. Still haven't gotten the two finger tap for right click to work quite right yet though. Online you're looking for synaptics toupad drivers for your Z580

alvin611
What's DOS?
Views: 496
Message 3 of 4

I downloaded it from lenovo's cite and its still having problems. I mean it'lll work for a while then outta nowhere it'll just stop and ill have to reboot my computer. Once I reboot my computer its fine for a while again.

jacrushar
Fanfold Paper
Views: 468
Message 4 of 4

Yeah I was having those problems with my touchpad driver too. Check and see if there is a partition or a file on your harddrive that has the drivers that your computer came with and istall those again, that is what fixed it for me. Also try completely uniinstalling the drivers that you installed via control panel before installing any other ones. See if that helps because it's gotta be a driver problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors