Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djyumene
Fanfold Paper
Views: 526
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo z710 Built In Camera Fails

I am having an issue again with the built in camera of the z710 laptop.  I never cared for it before and this is my second attempt to try to get it to work.

I have searched google and various forum topics, however nothing seems to work. The camera does show up under 'Cameras' in the device manager, but only if I select to 'Show Hidden Devices'.

I have tried to install the windows generic driver as I found via a suggestion but this did not resolve the issue.  I am looking for any help in getting this fixed, anyone? I could use a USB camera, but I already am using all my ports and honestly, I don't want another device plugged in where I have to worry about more choords to move around.

When I click on Properties of the greyed out camera it says:

Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.

I do think the camera is reconized somehow because randomally the light next to the camera will flash green. This does happen very randomally when I use the laptop (Even when I'm not trying to actavate the camera, it's just a random green flash).

I really hope that someone/anyone can help me!  Please!

djyumene
Fanfold Paper
Views: 478
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo z710 Built In Camera Fails

I attempted to uninstall the EasyCam driver in hopes that it would come back up automatically like other devices do, but it seems to be gone still from device manager.  

This has been an issue since I got this laptop and it's frusterating that it has yet worked when I wanted to actually use it. 

Mod's Comment: Please be advised that bumping your post is only allowed after 3 days. Any bumps sooner will be removed as they unfairly move new postings farther down the list.

Someone please help. Smiley Sad

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 391
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo z710 Built In Camera Fails

On some of the Lenovo Ideapad systems, you would need to activate the camera by pressing FN + ESC ( this may be different ) Please, check your manual first if it's also activated

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors