Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scsowi
Paper Tape
Views: 843
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo z710 wireless card upgrade

so my z710 came wiht a intel 7260 wireless card. i bought and want to replace it wiht a intel 7260mhw. i bought one and when i install it i get a message before windows starts that says it is a unauthorized wireless card remove and restart. i see there is z710 that come with this card so not sure why i cant install it. 

scsowi
Paper Tape
Views: 812
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo z710 wireless card upgrade

so i did the latest bios update and i have purchased a new intel 3160hmw mini pci card. still getting the unauthorized wireless card message. i dont understand the issue now this is the card that the latest bios update said was added/fixed. can anyone offer some assistance on this. 

scsowi
Paper Tape
Views: 778
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo z710 wireless card upgrade

ok so after doing some research i now see it has to be a lenovo approved or a actual lenovo model 3160 and the one i bought from the company was suppose to be for a lenovo but i dont know how to tell whether it is or not. oviously it's not since it doesn't work. so i just searched the lenovo shop and you guys dont sell the card directly so how can i make sure i buy one that is approved to be used in my laptop? 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors