cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goatfog
Paper Tape
Views: 1,027
Message 1 of 5

Lenovol z50-75 factory reset (external hard drive write protection, slow transfer speed to usb)

Hi,

After weeks of trying to get an answer to this problem without any assistance, either online or here (what's the use of a warranty when there's no customer service to speak of?) I tried transferring some files to my flash drive a day ago.

The thing that happened now was that the transfer started out fine for the first few seconds (as usual), before crawling to a halt and then stopping completely - I can't remember what the exact message was, but it was something in the vein of "problems with disk". I then found out that I could neither add or delete files to the flash drive as it had been write protected. I searched online for how I could remove this protection (regedit, command prompt), but nothing helped - to my great, great frustration. Therefore, the flash drive is now useless to me, thanks to the laptop.

I then experienced that the external hard drive that I tried to transfer the files from had also been write protected! Before pulling out my hair I checked if this was also the case when I plugged it in to another laptop (Asus). It wasn't. But on my Lenovo z50-75 that hard drive is useless for some strange reason.

After experiencing this mountain of problems I want to do a full factory reset on my laptop, and then reinstall all my programs. My question is how I go about doing this. And also: when doing the reset, will it boot up with Windows 10, as it did when I purchased the laptop a little over a year ago?

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 995
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovol z50-75 factory reset (external hard drive write protection, slow transfer speed to usb)

Hi  goatfog, 

It seems like your z50-75 has a malware. You may want to run a complete scan using an good antivirus before doing a reset. You can also run sfc to check if the system has any integrity issues.

Now for your question about the factory reset/Onekey recovery, if you are going to use windows 10 reset, then your system will still have window 10 but if you use Onekey Recovery, the system will go back to the original OS that came with the system.

According to windows 10 FAQ, you can then re-install windows 10 even after doing a reformat. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12435/windows-10-upgrade-faq

Hope this helps. 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
zhiar
Token Ring
Views: 983
Message 3 of 5

Re: Lenovol z50-75 factory reset (external hard drive write protection, slow transfer speed to usb)

since your laptop came with orginal windows 8 or 10
windows will recognize the device mobo yes it will.
i recommend a clean install of windows
steps WILL DELETE EVERYTHING
1-download windows creation media too from microsoft
set your preference put windows files on a flash or dvd
2-First go inside BIOs by tapping fn+ F2 while turning on the computer.
Then go to the Exit TAB and make sure that the OS Optimized and OS Optimization are selected to Other OS or Disabled.
Then Go to Boot or startup tab Make sure that secure BOOT is disabled
and Boot mode and Boot Priority is set to Legacy.

Now hit fn+F10 to Save and Exit

Insert the CD and Turn the system OFF

Now when the computer starts up start hitting fn+ F12 (while the system is turning ON)
You should have a boot selection select BOOT menu or Select the CD / DVD

This should make the CD's load the Installation.

3- in installation Click Repair your computer or press R.
Select Troubleshoot.
Select Command Prompt.
Type diskpart.
use these command to delete the hhd
list disk
select disk 0
or select disk0
clean
exit NOTE THAT WILL DELETE EVERYTHING ON LAPTOP
goback to installation >advances then new
next next TADA Smiley Very Happy
Press Enter.
goatfog
Paper Tape
Views: 964
Message 4 of 5

Edit: found the answer to my question, please delete.

zhiar
Token Ring
Views: 943
Message 5 of 5

you should add the answer so others can benefit from it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors