cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shootinvain
Paper Tape
Views: 303
Message 1 of 2

Lenvo Y500 wont boot and nothing on screen.

Hi guys, I'm in kind of a serious problem here.
I used my y500 normally yeaterday but today when I tried to turn it on, it just doesnt show up anything on the screen, not even the lenovo logo and the fan runs on maximum speed and the laptop shuts down after 30 seconds.
I tried unplugging the cable, removing battery, reinstalling the dvd rom and hdd but still the problem is there.

It would be really helpful if you guys could help me regarding this problem.
Thanks in advance.
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 281
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenvo Y500 wont boot and nothing on screen.

Hi Shootinvain,

Welcome to Lenovo forums.

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with system not powering on in your Lenovo Y500     laptop.

Please perform the power drain by disconnecting the external devices connected to the system remove adapter and shutdown the system. Remove the battery and press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.

Connect the adapter and battery and turn on the system and check for the issue.

Check with different adapter and different battery, check for the issue. Connect the external monitor to check if the issue is no display or no power. Also check if you can hear the windows login sound.

As you have mentioned that the system shutdowns within 30 seconds check if the system is heating.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors