Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mariantomescu
Punch Card
Views: 152
Message 1 of 3

Long BIOS time after replacing motherboard

Hello,

After I got the motherboard replaced (on a y5070) at the Lenovo Service Center, the BIOS time increased quite a bit.

Before it was 2.8 seconds and now it is about 7 sec (according to info povided by Windows Task Manager)

I have the latest BIOS update (as I did before), the Windows is fresh-installed and the motherboard is new, but it takes longer to boot...Preety weird right?

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 137
Message 2 of 3

Re: Long BIOS time after replacing motherboard

@Mariantomescu wrote:

After I got the motherboard replaced (on a y5070) at the Lenovo Service Center, the BIOS time increased quite a bit.  Before it was 2.8 seconds and now it is about 7 sec

The BIOS in my Ideapad 500 has a "Fast Boot" setting, which can be enabled or disabled.  It might be worth checking yours to see how it is set.  If it is disabled, change it to enabled and see if that makes a difference.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 118
Message 3 of 3

Re: Long BIOS time after replacing motherboard

BIOS time to finish POST is one thing. Boot time of the OS is quite another. Two different processes or can we call it streams.

You clean installed above but what & how. Factory recovery dvd's, retail DVD and what OS are you using. All makes a difference.

Both Windows 8.1 & 10 have a FAST BOOT setting which is usually default but requires several full shutdown and boot cycles to develop the image file I believe it uses. What did you install as for the HD partition's. MBR (old HD format) or GPT which is the method new and all Lenovo machines are shipped with.

Other than the time for the BIOS to run POST and as stated in another post. Enable fast bios there is nothing else there to do. The only things that can delay it is if the normal bIos discovery routines are taking longer than normal to process. If so the board or a peripheral could be defective.
T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Win 10 64bit
Z70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Win 10 64bit FHD 17.3", G840 w/2GB

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors