Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Message 1 of 4 (1,722 Views)

Loose Ideapad hinge

Hi-

I've had my ideapad since late february. Its been a great laptop and I've generally been very happy with it.

Unfortunately, about a month ago the hinge that connects the screen to the base of the laptop has become so loose that the LCD portion of the laptop will no longer stay upright without being propped up against something solid. 

I purchased it from Newegg and they don’t except returns after the first month for laptops.

Anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks

Punch Card
Message 2 of 4 (1,718 Views)

Re: Loose Ideapad hinge

Hi,

Bets thing to do at this point is to send the laptop for service, never thought that an IdeaPad would have such an issue. Call tech support and have it repaired or replaced.

Retired Guru
Message 3 of 4 (1,710 Views)

I'm sure there's no way you can fix this at home, especially if you want tosave your warranty. SC must fix this for free since your laptop is under warranty.
//help will save the world
Fanfold Paper
Message 4 of 4 (1,639 Views)

My wife has the same problem with one purchased in late May of this year. Unfortunately cannot send it back right now for service as she uses it everyday for school......guess will just have to live with it.......pushes my feelings about Ideapad down a notch or two....shouldnt be happening with a 6 week old computer
Top kudoed Authors