Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

11-20-2012

Abilene, TX

2 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 1 of 2

Loud Beeping Noise during Reinstall of Operating System

2012-11-20, 2:35 AM

I have a Lenovo IdeaPad P580 bought in August 2012. Best Buy sent it back to serivce center to replace hard drive. When I got it back I had to call Lenovo to get new disks to reinstall windows. Tonight as I was reinstalling I began to get the loud beeping noise all the way through the installing of windows. The installation is complete but now when I reboot the computer I get another loud contiuous beeping noise after the Lenovo screen. The screen comes up starting windows but Windows does not load. Is this again another hard drive failure? My serial # **********and I just rebooted it again and got the screen to start in safe mode or start normally which I just did and got to the Windows 7 Home Premium screen. I am beginning to be real sorry I purchased Lenovo as I am back to using my old Dell laptop. Will I have to get another hard drive?

Moderator note: serial number removed for member's protection.

Options

1244 Posts

11-02-2011

India

1456 Signins

9967 Page Views

• Views: 9967
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Loud Beeping Noise during Reinstall of Operating System

2012-11-28, 7:45 AM

Hi

Welcome To Lenovo Community

We are really sorry to hear about the issue you are facing,  

Based from what i read in your post, seems like  some key on the keyboard is stuck which is causing  the issue . Please try loading bios defaults . Also try wiping all the keys to check if any key is stuck.

If issue is not fixed please contact local Lenovo support and have system verified

Do give this a try and let us know  

Hope This Helps

Cheers!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms