Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hsradaa
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 927
Message 1 of 4

Low Memory Battlefield 3 Lenovo Ideapad Y510p

Ive been playing battlefield 3 for quite a while and this low mwmory thing keeps popping up. I have 8gigs of ram in the laptop. yet i get this error. can somebody help me out?? Thanks

Guru
Views: 901
Message 2 of 4

Re: Low Memory Battlefield 3 Lenovo Ideapad Y510p

There is another thread on this forum that deals with specifically that issue.

I will summarize the solution here -

Just keep your in-game resolution same as your desktop resolution.

So if your desktop is running at 1920*1080 then keep the game resolution also the same.

Also, try to tone down the graphics settings a bit. Do not keep them at Very high or Ultra, its good for this memory problem and also the heat. (if you have high temps)

Another thing, would be to check your Task manager while gaming and see which processes are using up max memory. I got this error only once while playing Hitman:Absolution. Now, I play FIFA 13, Thief, Tomb Raider. Spec Ops The line at High settings and have not had any problems.

My memory usage  in normal use is around 35-45% and gaming memory usage is 55-70%, depending on the game.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
hsradaa
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 891
Message 3 of 4

Thanks .man will give it a go as soon as i reach home. I wiil keep ya updated on how it went.

hsradaa
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 870
Message 4 of 4

sorry for the late update but that advice iworked like a charm. Im playing the game on full rez and got no problems. Also NVIDIA's Geforce Experience picked out the perfect settings for me. The temps are in control and the cpu usage is also minimized. Thanks for your help.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors