Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuperDude_1736
Paper Tape
Views: 3,641
Message 1 of 4

Macbook Pro VS Y510

Hey all,

I was wondering, what do you guys think between the Macbook pro and the specs of the Y510? Witch would be better to run grafics intensive programs and the most durrable (life span)? Also, does anyone know how much the Y510 weighs and what's its battery life?

wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,596
Message 2 of 4

Re: Macbook Pro VS Y510

graphics intensive work should be done on Macbook Pro or T61p with dedicated GPU.... Macbook pro usually around 2.5 to 3 hr battery span....
CrankTh3musicUP
Serial Port
Views: 3,418
Message 3 of 4

Since that certainly didn't answer your question SuperDude, here you go...

I just got my Y510. It has the 256MB nVidia graphics card and 2GB of ram, and it doesn't lag at all. Still, it depends if your graphics-intensive programs are Windows or Mac based. That should be your deciding factor.

To be fair, the battery life isn't 3.5 hours... in my experience, it's right around 3 hours.

Compared to my old Gateway laptop (over 8 pounds), the Y510 is about 6 pounds and feels much less bulky.
Brillig
Paper Tape
Views: 3,301
Message 4 of 4

I think this might be a little like comparing apples and oranges. Apples use higher end hardware, where as the y510 does not, no matter how much we like them.
Previous posters are correct. If you need to hardcore graphice, an Apple is probably for you. It's what they are designed for.My 510 is an excellent home/general use laptop, but when I do work, I do it on a ThinkPad and a Mac for graphics. I use the 510 for entertainment.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors