12-23-2012 12:03 PM - edited 12-23-2012 01:32 PM
Can anyone make sense of these partitions? I can't understand why there are 2 different recovery partitions, and an OEM partition...
Ideally what I want is a recovery disk to be able to create, but unfortunately I cannot do such with One Key Recovery 8...
I want to pull off whatever is needed off one of these partitions in order to make an iso for it, and make it bootable. I have ISOBuster which seems to be able to do the job. But my question is, let's say I want to completely wipe my HDD, having the correct recovery partition burned to disk, will it recreate all of these extra OEM and Recovery partitions too?
Much help would be appreciated. Thank you!
Moderator comment: Image(s) >50KB converted to link(s). Community Rules.
12-23-2012 01:14 PM
A few posts down from yours.
12-23-2012 07:34 PM - edited 12-23-2012 07:35 PM
Ok partition by partition
1. This is the windows 8 recovery tools partition
2. This partition is for efi systems is required for booting
Some thing more about it on wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EFI_System_partition
3. This is the onekey recovery partition only for booting
4. Your windows 8 partition
5. Your partition containing all the pre installed drivers and softwares.
6. This stores the one key recovery backup only.
Hope this helps