Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
muntyan
Paper Tape
Views: 966
Message 1 of 3

Make function keys work as function keys on Ideapad P500

My Ideapad P500 function keys do things like changing volume and display brightness by default; to make them actually work as F1, F2, ... keys, I need to press Fn key. Any idea how to change that?

All I could find on the web was two solutions for Thinkpads:

1) BIOS option - no such option on this laptop.

2) Some Slim USB wirless keyboard utlility - it doesn't change anything on this laptop.

I also messed with KeyTweak and SharpKeys, but without good results. For instance, F1, F2, F3 get remapped fine; but these programs don't see F7 (which toggles flight mode).

Kevino1234
Paper Tape
Views: 395
Message 2 of 3

Re: Make function keys work as function keys on Ideapad P500

My work around is to attach external USB keyboard.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 382
Message 3 of 3

Re: Make function keys work as function keys on Ideapad P500

@muntyan wrote:

My Ideapad P500 function keys do things like changing volume and display brightness by default; to make them actually work as F1, F2, ... keys, I need to press Fn key. Any idea how to change that?

All I could find on the web was two solutions for Thinkpads:

1) BIOS option - no such option on this laptop.

2) Some Slim USB wirless keyboard utlility - it doesn't change anything on this laptop.

I also messed with KeyTweak and SharpKeys, but without good results. For instance, F1, F2, F3 get remapped fine; but these programs don't see F7 (which toggles flight mode).

You should update the bios to version 1.21 that is if your model is a touchpad(I assume you have this model). If not check if 1.21 also applies in your case.

From the bios you can disable/enable the right keyboard functions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors