Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kartheekjavvaji
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,220
Message 1 of 11

Maximum RAM on Z580

Maximum RAM in Z580 is 8gb(as in the net). But lenovo solution centre is showing 32gb as maximum. I know that there are a plenty of models of z580. It also shows that there are 4 memory slots!!!!!!!!!!(Even speecy[an application for system specs] shows 4 memory slots). pls help me..................Can i put 16 gb ram,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,where can i find third and fourth slots.(right click the images to open in new tab,so that you could see it in full size). And even my video card is gt635m  where as in the net it is shown gt630m

Link to picture

Moderator note; pictures showing system s/n removed. Picture >50K converted to link Forum Rules

Guru
Views: 6,185
Message 2 of 11

Re: Maximum RAM on Z580

Could you expand the "SPD" part and make another screenshot? You have a weird amount of RAM (probably 4+2GB), and it says you have slower 667MHz/1333MTs sticks

Anyway, I doubt there's more than 2 memory slots. Here's my suggestions:

- If you use applications, that can eat a lot of RAM like video editing, rendering, virtualisation, then go for 2x8GB 1600MTs, or if you can afford it 1866MTs

- If you use it only for general stuff and games, then 8GB will be enough. You can either buy new 2x4GB set, or replace existing 2GB with a 4GB stick. It's a good idea to match the speed of all RAM sticks, but it is not necessary. Either way going for less memory will allow you to save up money and for example you could buy a SSD.

====================================
I'm an INsider - not a Lenovo employee.
You can find me in gaming, Ideapad and Thinkpad forums most of the time.
kartheekjavvaji
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,164
Message 3 of 11

THANKS for the reply. Here are some more screen shots.4 ram slotsspeecy.jpg

MAxram2.jpg

Sysinforam.jpg

Link to picture

Link to picture

Link to picture

So will changing these slow rams will increase my fps ? Is 2 into 4gb rams  better than 1 into 8gb ram?

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules

Guru
Views: 6,130
Message 4 of 11

Wow your configuration is messed up! You have two sticks of different speed, which means your computer is forced to run at the slower sticks speed. You definitely should buy a DDR3-1600 (PC-12800) 4GB stick and get rid of the 1GB one. It will not improve FPS unless you're using integrated graphics, but should decrease loading times, and overall system responsiveness. If possible, buy the same as you already have. You have the model number on one of the screenshots (Hyundai one).

I went through technical documentation and now I'm sure you have 2 memory slots. This has to be some kind of error. Mainly high-end laptops have (and not necessarily) more than 2 memory slots.

kartheekjavvaji
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,110
Message 5 of 11

Thanks, I knew from the starting that my laptop has weird configuration. In the lenovo web site, they say z580 have gt630 and i got gt635 and that 4 ram slots thing had really blown my senses away. Thanks for your advice.

Guru
Views: 6,030
Message 6 of 11

Z580 model 59347636 has 635M. Out of curiosity... could you paste a screenshot from GPU-Z app?

kartheekjavvaji
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,991
Message 7 of 11

Link to picture

Link to picture

Link to picture

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules

kartheekjavvaji
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,978
Message 8 of 11

1.gif

Can i boost Gpu using it

kartheekjavvaji
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,977
Message 9 of 11

how can i on the physx.?

Guru
Views: 5,907
Message 10 of 11

This is very weird because the tech specs of this card match GT630 not 635.

PhysX should work by default. To be honest I think it might be just a glitch in GPU-Z. On my Y580 it says my GPU doesn't support CUDA. Yeah right... I'm sure you don't have to worry about it. If you still do, download the newest drivers from Nvidia site (if you have the newest just wait for the next one), and make a clean installation. There will be an option like that during installation. It will reset all saved profiles and install everything from the scratch including PhysX drivers.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors