Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lirke
Paper Tape
Views: 425
Message 1 of 5

Microphone Input Issue with Lenovo Z40

Hi there,

For a long time now, my microphone on the Lenovo Z40 has gone out. I'm not exactly sure what the issue is but it just completely went out. On my computer in my recording devices it looks like :5507ede956

But this microphone doesn't pick up ANY sound at all. Even when I plug in a headset, it doesn't recognize that there is a headset plugged in at all. I've tried updating my drivers which includes just going to the device manager and updating it via the automatic one and also going to the Lenovo website and downloading the Audio driver there. 

My device manager looks like this:

07634d516c

I've tried updating every single one in both Sounds, videos and game controllers and also the one that is Audio inputs and outputs. Nothing works. 

I've tried troubleshooting the audio/microphone/recording device. Nope nothing.

I'm not even sure what the issue is but the bottom line is that I'm not getting ANY audio input at all via my laptop built in microphone or via headsets/external microphones.

Can someone please advise me on what my next strategy should be?

AmericanFighter
Token Ring
Views: 419
Message 2 of 5

Re: Microphone Input Issue with Lenovo Z40

Have you tried right clicking and going to properties to move the microphone gain up ?

1 .Also try removing it from the device manager, and from there click on the computer icon with the magnifying glass.

if 1 doesent work try 2.

2 .I would try downloading a older driver version from a different website.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 357
Message 3 of 5

Welcome to the Lenovo Community lirke !

One additional suggestion if you are using Windows 10 as your operating system...  make sure the microphone is enabled in both the Windows Privacy settings and the Lenovo Settings app.  If either one of those is disabled the microphone will not function.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

lirke
Paper Tape
Views: 347
Message 4 of 5

@ Majestic

Hi there, thanks for the prompt reply. The Microphone is enabled in both the privacy window and I have installed the Lenovo Setting App and it's also enabled there. The Microphone is still unresponsive though.

lirke
Paper Tape
Views: 345
Message 5 of 5

Unfortunately,  I have tried those options as well. I've tried removing it, letting it automatically reinstall upon launch and I'm a little unsure what you mean in your step 1, where do I go from clicking the computer icon...?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors