cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stblue
Paper Tape
Views: 7,190
Message 1 of 7

'Microsoft Windows The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait.

Recently i have started to face this issue on my lenovo y510p, I was using windows 8.1 then, and for the first time my computer get freezed, and the error pop up

Microsoft Windows
The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait.
Options: END PROCESS or CANCEL'

I thought there must be some issue and error will go away, but to my surprise this error start to pop up regularly after using  my laptop for 15 - 20 mins, my system get freezed, to get over this issue either i have to wait for next 5 mins until this dialog box close or i have to shut down my laptop by pressing power key.

Second issue that i start to facing after this is when system restart or start, sometime i used to get this error "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME", system when restart automatically and after 5-6 try system get started. This error is not persistent it appers rarealy sometimes.

When this freezing issue become regular i thought there must be some issue with windows 8.1 so from my end i did following things:

i) Upgraded my laptop to windows 10, issue was still there.

ii) Used lenovo one key recovery and set my laptop to initial position which was windows 8, issue was still there.
iii) Again upgraded to windows 8.1 and windows 10 and issue was there in both again.
iv) Finally i downloaded a windows10 IOS file from official  windows website and format all my drive and did a clean install of windows, problem still persists.

Someone please help me regarding this how to solve this issue and what are the possible reasons for this issue ?

tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 7,178
Message 2 of 7

Re: 'Microsoft Windows The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait.

You have scanned throughly for malware with at least two different packages. Ran diagnostic, memory and system board if Lenovo has it for download. Upgrading to a different version only makes a mess of things if there is malware.
T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Win 10 64bit
Z70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Win 10 64bit FHD 17.3", G840 w/2GB

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 7,167
Message 3 of 7

Re: 'Microsoft Windows The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait.

Are you running Windows in some sort of another environment (like in a virtual environment or as a portable system,etc.)?

stblue
Paper Tape
Views: 7,164
Message 4 of 7

No.. i am not using any virual environment to run windows..
stblue
Paper Tape
Views: 7,164
Message 5 of 7

I have properly scanned for malware using.. but it didnot show any sign of malware..
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 7,161
Message 6 of 7

@stblue wrote:
I have properly scanned for malware using.. but it didnot show any sign of malware..

Try disconnecting any devices connected to all your ports. Try not connecting to the internet. Boot to bios, and reset the settings to default values. Save and shut down the unit. Press the Novo button and restore to factory condition. Check if you still have that problem. Remember, no internet connection and no devices connected to any port yet.

stblue
Paper Tape
Views: 7,154
Message 7 of 7

OK I have done that... Restoring to factory condition... Will update if problem still persist

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors