Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Community Spotlight

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

Check out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Visit the Community Spotlight Blog
Windows  10

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Highlighted
Paper Tape
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Minecraft Lagging on Y570

I have a Y570 with rapid drive, i7-2630QM Processor, NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M 1GB, 8 GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz.

It runs games like Starcraft 2, Portal 2, League of Legends and Team Fortress 2 smoothly. But for some reason minecraft lags terribly. When I'm playing minecraft the fps ranges from 4 to 20. I have all the video settings for minecraft at the lowest setting. 

On my previous computer, ( I don't remember what it was) I was able to run minecraft very smoothly with little lag, but the computer couldn't handle starcraft 2 or League of Legends. This is why I upgraded to my Y570.

I hope someone has a solution to this problem.  

Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

Re: Minecraft Lagging on Y570

Check to make sure the the nvidia optimus is switching from integrated graphics to dedicated
Paper Tape
0 Kudos

How do i do this?

Community Moderator
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

there's a switch button probably right side of your computer that helps you to activate nvidia graphic card.

also, take a look at the thread below:

http://forum.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-B-V-and-Z-series/Y570-Why-do-games-run-better-off-my-battery-... 

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Fanfold Paper
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Actually I know what the problem is.
It's not detecting it as a program/game that would require the video card because it's a Java based application. Two ways of fixing this is to either:
1) Set it in the nvidia control panel to always use the video card when running java (not recommended).
2) Always start minecraft by right-clicking on minecraft.exe and selecting the nvidia video card (since it has the Intel graphics as default).

Also make sure you have 64-bit java installed as well, since I had crashing issues due to 32-bit java being used for it. I would also recommend using the optifine mod; it gives you more control over the settings, enables hd textures, and it improves performance regardless of how powerful your machine is.

Paper Tape
0 Kudos

Thank you VERY much Smiley Happy       I switched to 64 bit java and selected the nvidia video card and now minecraft runs smoother than ever!

Thanks