cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shakas
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,447
Message 1 of 5

Missing drivers after clean install Win 7. Lenovo support only shows Win 8 drivers. ?!

After much turmoil, I was finally able to replace a failed hard drive on my Lenovo z585 and get a fresh copy of windows 7 back on it. Which is what it came with originally. The install had many drivers missing. I was able to get some some from the Lenovo support page, for the z585, but there a some that won't update on their own when I prompt them to...and those also don't have a Windows 7 driver on the support page...only windows 8.

Why doesn't Lenovo have all the Win 7 drivers available ? Some drivers are available for both win 7 & 8 but others are windows 8 only ? ....and I need them.

The chipset is also only available for win 8. also USB 2.0 etc....

Can someone please help me? I've only run into problem after problem, endlessly...

Thanks

here's an image of what my computer is asking for:

iDesign
802.11n
Views: 1,439
Message 2 of 5

Re: Missing drivers after clean install Win 7. Lenovo support only shows Win 8 drivers. ?!

Try a driver downloading software e.g advanced systemcare's driver booster, you will probs need old drivers.
Lenovo y510p - Intel Quad-core 4th gen i7-4700MQ @3.40Ghz - 16GB RAM - 1TB HDD 8GB SSD - 1080p FHD - Nvidia 755m SLI
shakas
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,421
Message 3 of 5

Re: Missing drivers after clean install Win 7. Lenovo support only shows Win 8 drivers. ?!

thanks iDesign, I used Driver Booster and it found and fixed more of the driver issues than even windows was capable of.

I still have a problem though, even though it now appears as though the USB 2.0 drivers are fine...they still dont work.

Instead, the only warning I see in Device Manager now is "unknown device" under 'other devices'. It won't install any

drivers.

Also, when Driver Booster 1st started installing the updates, this error came up:

Dpinst64.exe - System Error ..... This program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer.

I don't know what that is, or what in the driver installation process caused it to appear.

I'm sure I can find a copy of it fairly easily and put it where it should be, but I'd like to know how neccessary it is.

iDesign
802.11n
Views: 1,403
Message 4 of 5

Hmm as it's a lenovo driver, you may need to contact lenovo support by phone to see if they can supply you with an old driver. Just to rule it out, check your bios settings just to make sure it's enabled etc.

For the MSVCR missing file:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/36518-63-msvcr100-missing-computer
Lenovo y510p - Intel Quad-core 4th gen i7-4700MQ @3.40Ghz - 16GB RAM - 1TB HDD 8GB SSD - 1080p FHD - Nvidia 755m SLI
iDesign
802.11n
Views: 1,398
Message 5 of 5

This may be some help for you, usb controller drivers are for win7.

http://www.helpjet.net/files-Lenovo-IdeaPad-Z585.html

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors