Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wakka
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,957
Message 1 of 5

Missing some z580 drivers

Just picked up a brand new z580, and installed a ssd in place of the original drive.

now from perusing the forums i see that the one key and restore won't work, and im actually ok with that as i was able to pick up most of the stuff from windows update/lenovos's website(far easier time than i had with my dells or hp)

however there are 2 things missing

1) the camera driver from the website doesnt install properly, there is immediately a problem in setup(i tried multiple times incase i was getting incomplete downloads)

2) all of the touch sensitive buttons(volume control/fan settings) work except for the "theater" button that would change the screen modes, there doesnt seem to be software for that

is there updated software i can get for these two ?

and if i go through the auto software on the support website it says i have al the drivers/software updated...

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,953
Message 2 of 5

Re: Missing some z580 drivers

Hello and welcome,

How did you get the OS onto the new drive?  Clone, backup and restore, or clean install from Microsoft media?

Since you are missing drivers, maybe the 3rd option?  If so, mount your old drive externally, or re-install.  Do you see apps and drivers in a D: partition (or whatever it is called if mounted externally)?

You may find what you are missing there.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

wakka
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,952
Message 3 of 5

oh yes and also the energy profiler mentions the novo key(the looped arrow?) should adjust the profiles dynamically, yet it does nothing

wakka
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,949
Message 4 of 5

did a clean install via microsoft dvd

i just looked up and found the one key app, and installed that(it showed up for the v570 but not the v580??)

so thats fixed, i guess the only problem now is the missing face application and the energy profiler

batxonghip258
Paper Tape
Views: 1,728
Message 5 of 5

Hi guys. I'm having the same problems

got a Lenovo Ideapad Z580 a week ago
but I only tried it out the first time today. my volume sensor buttons work well but the theater and thermal management buttons just doesn't work (I already installed the theater driver and can turn it on by using mouse.) Is there any way to fix it?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors