Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredrik1997
Paper Tape
Views: 129
Message 1 of 3

Motherboard defect Y50-70

Hello,

I have a Lenovo Y50-70, model 20378. The one with a 4k screenSmiley Happy. Mfg date is 09-12-2014, so not the newest one. But perfect for me.

A few weeks ago the laptop stopped completely while I was working. It won't turn on and the leds on the front were not lighting up. So I searched for the problem. I found a little gap in the ENE KB9022Q D chip. So I decided to buy a secondhand motherboard from China. Exact the same model as the defect one. I have (ESD safe) installed it and the laptop worked then. But after five hours of working, the laptop won't not start up. I think it is the same problem as before.

Now I want to know which component(which is connected to the motherboard) cause this problem. Does someone had the same issue with this model, or does someone know which part the error causes? Or do I have bad luck with this second hand motherboard?

Hope to hear youre ideas about this, thanks in advance!

Guru
Views: 111
Message 2 of 3

Re: Motherboard defect Y50-70

Did you try pressing the OneKey recovery button? If that also doesn't turn the laptop on, it might be the power button board. I've seen those go out before, resulting in the laptop not being able to power up with the power button. 

Here's a board on eBay with free returns just in case it doesn't work: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-Ideapad-Y50-70-Power-Button-Board-with-Cable-LS-B111P-Genuine/322758...Smiley Tongue

Hope that helps. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

fredrik1997
Paper Tape
Views: 107
Message 3 of 3

Re: Motherboard defect Y50-70

Dear Erix Xu,

Thank you for the quick answer. I have tried both buttons (on/off and recorvery), but there is nothing happening. I have measured the signal from the button board, and it looks like there is not a problem. When the button is pressed the resistance between de pins is very low. And so on...

Maybe I buy another Y50-70 and I switch the 4k screen to that device. But when the display is the 'problemmaker' I have another not working laptop. That will cost another 400 euros.

When I measure the voltage on the connector of the battery, I measure nearly zero volt. Is this normal because the BMS is turning this off?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors