Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rosenrob
What's DOS?
Views: 296
Message 1 of 3

Mousepad issue

I have a month old Ideapad Y580 and I'm having a problem with my mouse-pad when playing games.  It is simply that if I have any key pressed on the keyboard the mouse will not move.  For example if I am moving around in a game I can not move and look around simultaneously.  This has become very annoying and I would greatly appreciate any help. Thank you.

jpo2709
Fanfold Paper
Views: 279
Message 2 of 3

Re: Mousepad issue

Could be down to 3 problems what i know of, firstly try looking to see if the driver has been updated recently by Microsoft because this can cause problems. if it has download the driver off the Lenovo driver download section.

Also in some games do not go well with some paticular drivers, ie MOH warfighter has a bug where switchable graphics will minimise the game randomly. so in game check your Key mapping to see if anything looks suspect.

the last thing it could be is ' Sticky Keys ' in Windows 8, i have had people saying to me that some games running in Windows 8 have strange control behaviour because of the Sticky key function. to disable it watch this guide here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gs4uxGoNWk

If the keys etc work fine outside of the game is more than likely the second or third option.

I had a similar problem when working on a game a few years back and ended up been the sticky key function, so could well be Software related.

Former Employee
Views: 259
Message 3 of 3

Re: Mousepad issue

Hi rosenrob,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I was just wondering, does this issues when ur connected to the battery or when plugged in to AC only? Which type of trackpad was your machine fitted with?

Do let me know, regards

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors