cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C1578
Paper Tape
Views: 329
Message 1 of 7

My Ideapad Z510 loses WiFi connection - 2 other laptops in the house do not have this problem

I have a Lenovo Ideapad Z510 running Windows 10.  When I connect to the internet via Wifi after a few minutes, it loses connection.

This happens more when I am upstairs in the house. Sometime it does not connect at all.  But when I take the laptop downstairs, and restart the laptop, sometimes it connects, some other times I have to disable and re-enable the connection setting before it connects again.

We have 2 other brands of laptops in the house and they don't have this issue.  Can someone please help.

Thanks

C1578

Guru
Views: 246
Message 2 of 7

Re: My Ideapad Z510 loses WiFi connection - 2 other laptops in the house do not have this problem

Try installing this driver: http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/IdeaPad-Z-Series-laptops/IdeaPad-Z51...

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

C1578
Paper Tape
Views: 193
Message 3 of 7

Re: My Ideapad Z510 loses WiFi connection - 2 other laptops in the house do not have this problem

Hi EricX,

Thanks for your quick response. I installed the driver, tried again. When I thought that the problen was solved, after running for about an hour, it lost connection. From that point, every time I reconnected, it loses connection again within 5 minutes. So, I am still looking for solusion.

Thanks.

Nick

Guru
Views: 189
Message 4 of 7

Alright, go to 'device manager'. From there, scroll to 'network adapters' and expand it. Right click on something like 'Intel Dual Band wireless', and click disable. Then right click it again to re-enable. After that, right click and then click on uninstall. Reboot the PC. Let me know if that helps. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

C1578
Paper Tape
Views: 168
Message 5 of 7

Hi EricX,

Here is what I see in device manager below. Should I perform the instruction on "The Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter..."

deviceManager.jpg

Guru
Views: 156
Message 6 of 7

Yep, try it on that

Regards,
Eric Xu

C1578
Paper Tape
Views: 145
Message 7 of 7

Hello EricX,

I did that - disabled, enabled, and uninstalled The Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter. Restarted the laptop, and it worked downstairs. About 5 minutes after I took it upstairs, it disconnected again. Tried reconnecting and it will not reconnect. As soon as I went back downstairs, it reconnected.

Any more ideas?

Thanks.

Nick

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors