Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

12-05-2009

Singapore

4 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 1 of 3

My Lenovo Ideapad Y550's MAJOR problem

2009-12-05, 7:28 AM

Dear Lenovo,

I'm having a really major problem that has occured since day 1 I bought my Lenovo Y550 laptop.

The F1 button doesn't work at all for any of the online games (i.e WoW, Warcraft, Counter Strike, Dragonica, etc.), however it does work for The Sims series of games.

I have tried every single thing and it simply doesn't work at all, I would like to reiterate that this is not a game problem because none of the game technical helpdesk I've gone to was able to help resolve this problem.

Also, recently with the upgrading of the Windows 7, I thought the problem would have been resolved. However NO! The problem is apparently still around.

I'm very much convinced that the problem lies with the laptop itself, because my husband is also using the Y550 and facing the same issue. I've also heard from some of the Lenovo dealers that they have customers who also feedback about the same problem. Same goes with the service centre in Singapore with this same feedback.

I've also seeked help with the Lenovo Phone Helpdesk for a few times already and no one was able to resolve this issue. I've even tried to search online for anyone who has a solution to this problem while troubleshooting on their own but none!

I feel very disappointed with this laptop I had and is starting to seriously regret getting it. I must say that the sole purpose for buying this laptop was because it met my gaming specs and it served me well for other aspects for my gaming. However this F1 problem is seriously a huge turn down!

I do hope that someone can help me out on this and get this issue solved once and for all.

Also, With the upgrade to windows 7, Onekey Recovery doesn't work at all. There is currently no driver provided by Lenovo to fix this.

My Lenovo Desktop Navigator also cannot work properly (I've already used the provided driver upgrade!) Basically I used to be able to slide and select the program I want to start but right now when I slide my finger across, it simply stops at the first program on the list.

I honestly need help for this and hope Lenovo or someone / anyone will look in upon these problems.

Thanks!

What is wrong with my Laptop!
Options

6 Posts

12-05-2009

Singapore

4 Signins

58 Page Views

• Message 2 of 3

Re: My Lenovo Ideapad Y550's MAJOR problem

2009-12-06, 5:24 AM

BUMP...

One more problem I encountered after the upgrade.... The video mode and normal monitor mode button do not work and I'm unable to find the settings for it!

Can someone help me out with this issues?

Options

6 Posts

12-05-2009

Singapore

4 Signins

58 Page Views

• Message 3 of 3

Re: My Lenovo Ideapad Y550's MAJOR problem

2009-12-07, 6:12 AM

Bump again~

I got a bad feeling that for all my issues I might have to bring my laptop to the service centre for help....

Seriously, I expected lesser problem with the upgrade to Win 7 but this is totally a disappointment.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms