cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mulawingalang
Punch Card
Views: 1,807
Message 11 of 16

Re: Is applying new thermal grease good for my laptop?

Hi guys. I just discovered something new... I used Speed Fan 4.40 to monitor my laptop's temp and found out my ACPI temp jumps from between 43 degrees Celsius to 83 degrees Celsius!!! And then my laptop shut down after sometime...

What could be causing this? I even use laptop on a Coolermaster Notepal Infinite! Help meee pleaaase I have deadlines to catch... =c

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,789
Message 12 of 16

Re: Is applying new thermal grease good for my laptop?

shutdowns are to protect your computer, you may have some technical issue ( with cpu or fan )

try to read heat & noise on the user guide.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
mulawingalang
Punch Card
Views: 1,799
Message 13 of 16

Re: My Lenovo Y330 laptop shuts down abruptly.

Hi guys! I finally solved my problem just now!!!

I decided to disassemble my laptop and remove the heat sink along with the fan and clean it up! Also, I put Arctic Silver 5 on my GPU, CPU and Motherboard (i dont know how to call it haha). 

I'm now again able to render without my laptop shutting down! I'm rendering a 720p video in high performance and my ACPI temperatures are at 44 degrees Celsius while my processors cores are at 44 degrees Celsius not to mention that it's literally using 100% of both my cores as it renders!!!

I'm so happy that I'll be able to work again flawlessly on my laptop!!! Thanks to all those who helped me!!!

And lenovo, you're the best... I hope I have the money soon to buy Ideapad Y550p for my thesis.

Thanks again guys!!! Smiley Happy

mulawingalang
Punch Card
Views: 1,764
Message 14 of 16

Just an update! I rendered 1.5 hours of 720p H.264 HD Video on Adobe Media Encoder and it didn't shut off anymore! It really solved my problem when I cleaned by Heat Sink and it's fan and changed the thermal paste...Smiley Very Happy

Oh btw, my windows 7 is now having a notification "Consider Replacing Your Battery"... I've read some articles online and they say it's a Windows 7 bug and some say it's just the way it is... But I'm not really worried about it cause I think it's my fault anyway that I should consider changing my battery since I use my laptop a LOT and also I leave my battery on my laptop while it's plugged for a loooooonnngg time, like 3 days or s (yep, I'm a battery killer I suppose) because whenever I queue stuff for rendering, sometimes it takes days or when I leave my torrents on...

So yeah... That's it. Thanks again guys! Smiley Happy Smiley Tongue

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,729
Message 15 of 16

still, if there's available bios update for y330 and/or acpi driver, update it.

also run cmd "with administrator privilege",  type "powercfg -energy" copy the energy-report.html from c:\windows\system32 to your desktop to view it.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
mulawingalang
Punch Card
Views: 1,657
Message 16 of 16

Okay I just found the solution! So here's what I did...

I charged my laptop to 100% then discharged it fully (by turning it on after it hibernates and until my laptop shuts down abruptly to totally discharge the battery) then I removed t he battery pressed the power button several to take away all the power left in the laptop and turned it back on! And now the consider replacing your battery notification's gone! YAAAYYY!!! 

I guess that notification is a just a bug of windows 7? I dunno but I'm guessing it is cause now my battery's back to normal... Smiley Very Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors