Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emanuil771
Paper Tape
Views: 287
Message 1 of 1

My Lenovo Y510P Experience

I bought my Lenovo Y510P in the end of August last year. I chose it for the GPU and the good screen as I needed a gaming laptop with a decent price. For the seven months that I owned the laptop I used it in five of them as it spent the other two in repairs. A month after I bought the laptop the HDD crashed. It came as a big surprise as I did not expect a brand new laptop to have such an issue after a month. I contacted support and sent it to get repaired, which took around 3 weeks as they had to send it to Poland to get the issue fixed. When I finally got my laptop back I was happy and just hoped no more issues come up with it. Around two months passed since I received my repaired laptop when the new HDD crashed. I could not believe I tried every solution I new when it crashed hoping that it was not the HDD again, but it was. Contacted support and sent it to get repaired for the same issue. Three weeks later in mid January I received it back although I was quite pissed and dissapointed with the quality of my Lenovo laptop I also led that slide. Yesterday the laptop battery was low so i pluged the charger in,but it did not start to charge and soon enough the laptop shut off. I thought it might be electricity or socket issue so I tried different sockets, but it was not. I  checked whether it was the battery or the AC adapter, but it turned out it was not either of them. It is either a power jack or a motherboard issue. I contacted support once again and now I have to send it back for repairs. This was the final straw in my Lenovo experience, another hardware issue in 6 months was too much to bear. This is my first Lenovo product and I am extremely disappointed. I can not believe an expensive laptop like this one could have so many faults and quality issue in his first year of use. I know my case is probably a single issue and only my laptop might have such low quality and so many faults, but Lenovo support could have handled it better and not just shipped my faulty lenovo back and forth from repair to me.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors