Punch Card
Views: 859
Message 1 of 8

My Lenovo y5070 MotherBoard is suddenly DEAD [1 year since buying]

Hi Everyone

REALLY iam tired with this issue i have here

what happend in points is :

-since 4 months My Y50 laptop shutted down suddenly

-I tried everything but MB (motherboard) is dead ,then i lost my 1250$ laptop after 1 year only Mysteriously (OMG)

-after that ,actually after being disappointed, someone offered me to buy me A new MB for about 200$

-I dont know from where he brought it Or how but i really needed it very very fast

-Now after Al of this losses , everything is okay partly 

-There is no NVIDIA GTX860M Detected Anymore - not in device manager -or by any program or with any solution 

-but in BIOS there is option about (Enable-Disable) nvidia Gps

this is my sad story with lenovo Smiley Sad

Can any one tell me where is the problem or solution 

Can i do anything to solve it Before i come back to the man who sold it to me ....

Note:what is the reason for all of this ... what happened to the Motherboard 

there is an electrical leakage on the upper cover - is this dangerous ??? i think any one has Y50 can notice it 

thanks 

AbdElr
Punch Card
Views: 853
Message 2 of 8

Re: My Lenovo y5070 MotherBoard is suddenly DEAD [1 year since buying]

devicemanager.PNG

tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 826
Message 3 of 8

You should have called lenovo support maybe it may have been repaired. Now for the new motherboard. Have you looked at the BIOS settings, you could reset to defaults, or look also to see if there is even a selection. for it. There may not be a discrete GPU on that board. You assume too much and checked nothing it seems. Device manager address visible hardware only. If turned of or non existant it can't detect it!!
T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Win 10 64bit
Z70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Win 10 64bit FHD 17.3", G840 w/2GB

AbdElr
Punch Card
Views: 814
Message 4 of 8

lenovo agency here told me the new MB costs 1000$ !!!

I checked the bios and i said there is an option of nvidia gps ever after [setup default]

tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 793
Message 5 of 8

They want you to buy another unit (buy a different make, MSI, HP etc)
T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Win 10 64bit
Z70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Win 10 64bit FHD 17.3", G840 w/2GB

AbdElr
Punch Card
Views: 771
Message 6 of 8

I will never buy anything from lenovo even if it's for free !
Homin
Token Ring
Views: 757
Message 7 of 8

Sorry to hear that. Honestly, I think every brand have some defected product. Also, I did use my Y50-70 for almost 2 years now, the only major problem I got is slow HDD. Yes, slow HDD... Although I said slow, it just can't keep up with other processing power (CPU/RAM/VRAM etc.). Other problem is, sometime keyboard is not register the character I type in. But IF I did try to type correctly (enter 1 character each time, not just storm in the characters like I did with other keyboard), it did respond... So, maybe it is design issue? Maybe I didn't press heavy enough??

Anyways, let's go back to the topic. You mention 'electrical leakage', I don't know what do you mean. But if you mean you feel the electric current something like... electrostatic? maybe? I don't know what it called but I did feel it too. I have to wear my shoes or have some fabric under my feet to safely operate the Y50-70 (lol). Or else the 'electrostatic' will stike me when I touch the metal part of the laptop... yes, only metal part. It is good Y50-70 have metal part to reinforced it, but the metal part also zap us with 'electrostatic' too... sadly...

Secondly. IIRC, the Nvidia will not appear in device manager if you do not have appropriated driver installed. So, you may try to install or re-install the Nvidia Driver with the lastest driver from either Lenovo or Geforce website (actually, the newer Nvidia driver didn't make the performence that difference from what Lenovo website offer... but only on performence aspect only). But you may want to look at Audio device? I think? you will found a trace of Nvidia GPU there (I can't really remember since last time I clean install the Display driver is so long ago).

Lastly, I maybe called it last but it is really the first issue. Your laptop suddenly shutted down. Is it really shut down? or restart? or even scarier... is there thunder stike nearby when it shut down? Did you use LAN cable or wifi? It is really important to verify the cause of the problem, not the problem itself.  Why? because the problem can be similar but to fixed it you have to know the cause of the problem first. Also, how can you be so sure the MB is dead? I did have a laptop MB FRIED by thunder stike (via LAN cable). The laptop is not respond, not even try to start-up. The fan didn't even bother to move. The light is on, the power is in, but MB is dead... it is fried... I have to replace the MB (only MB have to replace, other parts is safe)

You may want to search for USB killer to know what dead MB really is...

PS. The Nvidia DID NOT list as fully operatable GPU. So, maybe it is why you cannot find Nvidia GPU in Display adapter. Since it is list as Rendering Unit and did not really connected to any display (technically, it is connected to intel GPU which is connected to display).

AbdElr
Punch Card
Views: 729
Message 8 of 8

nice words from you i hope i can find a solution in this

thanks Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors