Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bricktop135
What's DOS?
Views: 838
Message 1 of 2

My Y410p USB 2.0 ports ( on the right side) not working

My y410p usb ports on the right side of the computer is not working. I plug a device in and it does not do anything. I have reinstalled drivers, rebooted, checked the bios, and even tried running some of the lenovo tools and it says my usb is fine. The USB 3.0 port on the left side of the computer works fine. Any thoughts? It is still under warrenty, but I don't want to set it back in again. 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 825
Message 2 of 2

Re: My Y410p USB 2.0 ports ( on the right side) not working

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Try doing a reset of the BIOS to see if that will clear the problem with the USB ports.  A soft reset can be useful in resolving hardware conflict problems.  Just do this.......

1. Unplug the charger / adapter.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the Power Button for 15 seconds.
4. Re-install the battery, plug in the charger / adapter if needed and power up the system to see if the problem was resolved.

I would also recommend that you shine a flashlight info the ports.  Check to see that there is no debris obstructing the contacts and that the contacts are all aligned and not touching each other. 

If the above doesn't resolve the problem then I would suspect there is a problem with the audio card that has the ports mounted on it or the ribbon cable connecting the audio card to the motherboard is not fully plugged in.  Since your system is still under warranty, further repairs are best left to Lenovo Support.  You can find the phone number for Lenovo Support by using the link below....

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist_alt1

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors