Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uzielkr
Fanfold Paper
Views: 621
Message 1 of 2

My Z570 laptop screen flickering with lines randomly

Hi, I have recently updated my laptop with Win10 x64 Pro and all was working fine, I have the latest drivers, no other conflicts in Device Manager. This started recently may be 4 days back, in the middle of work, suddenly horizontal or vertical lines appear, it keeps flickering, when I restart, this is from very start, some times, it goes away on its own and sometimes I have to hit laptop body randomly anywhere and screen comes back. There is no set pattern or trigger, jus random, I have attached the screen image here. Any Advice would be appreciated. 

lines.JPGRandom lines in display

mo1
What's DOS?
Views: 613
Message 2 of 2

Re: My Z570 laptop screen flickering with lines randomly

it looks like your hard drive has gone bad. i have a Y70 touch. i have upgraded to windows 10 3 times in the past year and each time the hard drive has gone bad shortly afterwards. although my screen flickers were not nearly as bad as yours, they were very annoying until the hard drive completely died the first 2 times. this last time i knew what was happening and was able to catch the problem before the hard drive completely failed. i had windows 10 installed without all the extra lenovo and other manufacturer programs that i didn't need and weren't compatible with windows 10. i never tried rolling back the system but i was told it wouldn't have helped at the point when the hard drives had failed.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors