cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshsiret
Paper Tape
Views: 613
Message 1 of 5

My laptop doesn't always recongnise my wireless network card. (lenovo z570)

My laptop doesn't always recongnise my wireless network card. (lenovo z570 broadcom wireless adaptor bcm4313)

I've tried installing: wirless lan drivers, bios update, Intel Management Engine Interface Driver and Intel AHCI Drivers, yet to no avail (I assume the wireless drivers "silently install" there is on a script in my tray).

The wireless light always is on when the computer boots up, however just as it goes onto the next screen (after the bios has loaded?) it turns off sometimes. When this happen there is no wireless adaptor in devices manager. Usually need to reset bios to original settings to fix it.

When the laptop has recognised the wireless card it soon goes to limited access in network manager (after 5 mins of browsing). I've tried to disable and enable the network card in Device manager, this left my computer in a frozen state.

I've played with hardblock and softblock. fn f5 etc...

Can anyone help diagnose my problem I'm stumped.

Retired Guru
Views: 604
Message 2 of 5

Re: My laptop doesn't always recongnise my wireless network card. (lenovo z570)

My first guess is a faulty wlan card, but just a guess.
joshsiret
Paper Tape
Views: 603
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your quick reply, I'll test that out when I go home. I want to read my warranty first, I'm not sure if I can open the case.
Retired Guru
Views: 600
Message 4 of 5

You can remove the bottom panel, and I am pretty sure
you can remove/replace the wlan card.
joshsiret
Paper Tape
Views: 598
Message 5 of 5

Completely fresh install of windows 7, no card detected... I hope it's the wlan card and not the motherboard.

warranty doesn't cover...

failure or damage resulting from misuse, abuse, accident, modification, unsuitable physical or operating environment, natural disasters,
power surges, improper maintenance, or use not in accordance with product information materials

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors