Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hikmathaji
Blue Screen Again
Views: 790
Message 1 of 2

Mysterious keyboard problem on Lenovo Y50-70

I am using Lenovo Y50-70 and Razer Blackwidow external keyboard. Both keyboards used to work great together but recently when I press the ALT key on my Razer the current window closes. When I continue pressing the ALT key it closes everything and "Shut down Windows" window begins to flash. It's like an F4 key is also pressed. The problem doesn't occur when I use the ALT key on my laptop but "ALT+F4" combination doesn't work, I mean without my external keyboard I can't use "ALT+F4". The weird part is when I press ALT on my laptop, it fixes the issue on my Razer for a while (I can press the ALT on my Razer, and it doesn't close anything) but after couple hours or when I reboot the laptop, the issue is still there. So for the past couple weeks, I press the ALT key on my laptop keyboard first when I start to use my computer properly. It is really frustrating when I forgot to do that because, for example, I use "ALT+TAB" on my Razer quite a lot and I accidentally close everything.

I don't know what may be the cause. I tried to update all drivers, bios and every possible related software. I haven't tried another keyboard yet but I checked my Razer on a different laptop and everything works just fine. I tried to clean the dust under the laptop button but I don't know what else I can do if it's hardware related. I am pretty sure I can live without the F4 button on my laptop, my main concern is I don't want to close windows accidentally while using an external keyboard. So I hope I could explain what my problem is. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

m0nk
What's DOS?
Views: 260
Message 2 of 2

Re: Mysterious keyboard problem on Lenovo Y50-70

I have the identical problem. I started to remove the keyboard with no success, then started to remove the keys and clean but are clean under the plastic, no success to make it work either. I'm out of options ...

Also I've noticed that ALT-PrtSc is performing ALT-F4 functionality and closes windows. F4 key is not working in in certain applications are pressed randomly.
I'm using this computer for years now and until now I had no such issues !
To me it looks now like a software problem related to BIOS or chip compatibility with Win10. I will check this on Linux Ubuntu to see if issues persists

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors