Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Haihtam
Paper Tape
Views: 227
Message 1 of 1

[NEW] OKR works fine after partitioning

I've recently bought the Lenovo Z510 i7, and like anyone here I was also unsatisfied by the partitions pre-deployed by the manufacturers. I made my researches before taking any risks (it was obvious that there is the One Key recovery application that depends on the recovery partition to function properly).

I needed to repartition C: and extend it, get another 100GB partition for Ubuntu (I'm a Linux fan BTW) , and a larger personal one.

So I took the risk and followed the following thread which seemed risky, rational and helpful :

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/For-NEW-system-how-to-re-partition-AND-mak...

But what I realized that after partitioning and without changing the serial number of the partitions in step (8) I made a test to checkout the functionality of OKR .... and TADAA!!! it worked fine Smiley Very Happy ; both the lenovo key and the application on windows responded with any issues. Also I tried to start a backup process and it started.

But to be honest I have not tried to recover anything (thinking that as long as the backup was initiated, why won't it restore).

Finally, I can't assume if this is applicable on all ideapads with latest OKR versions or NOT, so my OKR version is 8.0.0.2105 and further research about this version would be great since it seems that lenovo guys have made some changes to allow the application to respond normally toward partitioning.

If you came with any results or updates please share, it might be of great benefit for those who need support.

Top Kudoed Authors