Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sorrell
Paper Tape
Views: 361
Message 1 of 3

NVIDIA graphics card not detected

Hello, I have a lenovo Y50-70, and very recently the Nvidia graphics card is no longer detected nor operational. Looking in the control panel it does not come up, nor did it with lenovo's debug tool. Attempting to re-instal the drivers does not work, as they also fail to detect the card. I tried uninstalling both the Intel drivers and the Nvidia ones with DDU and then rebooting but that also did not work. I can't think of any particular reason where there would be a hardware problem, I haven't dropped or had the laptop damaged or anything like that, but of course I can't be sure. Any help would be really appreciated, thanks so much, and please let me know if you need any other details from me!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 230
Message 2 of 3

Re: NVIDIA graphics card not detected

Hi Sorrell!

Thanks for reaching us here in our community forums.

Could you try to go to the Device Manager and check if there's any error with the driver or if it's detected in the Device Manager?

Go to Device Manager > Expand Display adapters > if the graphics card is detected Right click on the graphics card > Select Properties > Take a photo while in the general tab (see the picture for reference). Keep us posted.

Have a nice day.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Sorrell
Paper Tape
Views: 220
Message 3 of 3

Re: NVIDIA graphics card not detected

Thanks for helping! It does not show up in the device manager at all. See attached. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors