Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cannon_dt
Fanfold Paper
Views: 663
Message 1 of 4

Need an urgent clarification

Hello all !

I just have 2 questions. I am considering the models - 20994PU and 209945U, the comparison specs are a trite confusing, so here goes:

1. The blu-ray/dvd-rw and blu-ray/dvd combo are one and the same right? In that case the one with 3630 2.4 GHz is a wiser investments right?

2. Also in the models mentioned above is any of them a blu-ray burner or just ROM? I am reading some conflicting information elsewhere saying that it is indeed a burner, just wanted to ask in the right place before I decide on which model to purchase.

Please let me know as I am planning to place the order tonight

Thanks, Ananth

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 647
Message 2 of 4

Re: Need an urgent clarification

Hello and welcome,

I don't have the full answer for you, but according to the ipbook, 2099-45U has a blu-ray burner:

2099-45U i7-3610QM 4GBx2 15.6" FHD GTX 660M 2G 500G 7200 BD burner Intel 2200 Dark Gray BT x3 / x1 Backlit Prem 64

The 4PU doesn't seem to be in the book Smiley Sad

[edit] I'm somewhat confused by the terminology too.  Elsewhere, a "combo" drive means Blu-ray ROM + DVD burner.  We need the actual -4PU specs....

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

cannon_dt
Fanfold Paper
Views: 635
Message 3 of 4

Thanks zoltan.
At least now I know that 209945U indeed is a burner and I am not going to cry over the 100 MHz that I gain with the 20994PU. So the choice is made, it is going to be the 209945U.
Thanks for the reply, nice to hear this in this official forum, so makes me breathe easy Smiley Very Happy

Peace
cannon_dt
Fanfold Paper
Views: 543
Message 4 of 4

Just wanted to check back in to see if some one has actually purchased the PU model and could throw some light on this confusion Smiley Happy
Top Kudoed Authors