ZA

1 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 1 of 3

Need assistance in Escalating an Issue

2017-12-11, 8:09 AM

I am at wit's end.

I bought a Lenovo Y50-70 a while back. I'm not going to lie it has been frustrating as the unit was faulty out of the box.

After a long fight, the issue is finally resolved. Partserve (They do ALL Lenovo repairs in South Africa) swapped out the Motherboard and replaced the faulty parts.

This is where the current issue starts. About two months ago I realized my i7 processor is now an i5. (It was an i7 before sending it in a year ago)

I can't get hold of Lenovo South Africa, as they just refer me back to Partserve. Partserve won't assist since I didn't immediately discover the discrepancy. I have been emailing and communicating with Serena from Partserve for almost 2 months now, every second day asking for updates and trying to find a resolution.

I understand their concern that I didn't realize the issue immediately, however, the laptop has not been opened once since returning from Partserve so the warranty tamper-proof seals are still in place. This alone should be proof enough that the CPU swop happened at their repair centre.

Alternatively, the CPU S/N should be on record and able to verify that it did, in fact, come from their repair centre?

If anyone knows how to get the issue escalated please assist. I'm frustrated and don't know where to get help.

Options

7500 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32269 Signins

1188345 Page Views

• Views: 1188345
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Need assistance in Escalating an Issue

2017-12-12, 8:36 AM

Hello ITGuy_SA, welcome to the Community,

I'd like to look into this a little more but will need further information from you. Could you please send me the following information by private message;

Full Name;
Telephone No.;
email address;
System Type;
System s/n;

Date of purchase;
Case Numbers;

Thanks in advance

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

7500 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32269 Signins

1188345 Page Views

• Views: 1188345
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Need assistance in Escalating an Issue

2017-12-12, 14:08 PM

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save