Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zenz55
What's DOS?
Views: 2,985
Message 1 of 3

Need help enabling SLI on Y500 in WIN7 64

Hello,

I'm wondering how to enable SLI in win7? Is it a driver issue or win7?

I downgraded from win8 (where SLI was working) to win7, and no matter what drivers I install, SLI doesn't show up in nvidia control panel (it just shows PhysX configuration, but no SLI option).

At the moment i'm using drivers downloaded directly from Lenovo site:

Nvidia Video Driver for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) - IdeaPad Y400, Y500

Version: 9.18.13.630

Lenovo ideapad Y500 (dual GT 650M installed)

Nvidia control panel: Driver version 306.30

Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

I tried nvidia drivers 310.90 also, but SLI didn't show up in control panel.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks in advance

ra_de_cki
Punch Card
Views: 2,973
Message 2 of 3

Re: Need help enabling SLI on Y500 in WIN7 64

Hello Smiley Wink i had the same problem.

go to this site

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/geforce-experience?id=hp-promo

download and install geforce experience beta, reboot your pc but not exactly reboot option, turn your y500 off and than turn it on, go to system hardware manager and you should have 2 GT 650 on your hardware list.

than go to nvidia control panel -> SLI configuration and Physix -> mark maximize 3D efficiency (smth like that)

post if those steps work ? if you still cant see your second gt 650 try to restart your y500 again, for me it helped and now working well but i have some problem, shoot your eye on it maybe you will help me to deal with this problem, i wrote about it here:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/GPU-problems-Lenovo-IdeaPad-y500-gt-650-SLI...

zenz55
What's DOS?
Views: 2,958
Message 3 of 3

Re: Need help enabling SLI on Y500 in WIN7 64

Thanks for the advice,

think I figured it out...

Every time i restart Windows, SLI stops working, but every time i do a shutdown and then turn the computer back on it works !

So, i think it's a BIOS problem, must be that during restart it doesn't allow enough power for the other GPU tu work, but when you turn off and turn on it works..

I'll try using it for a couple of days to see if i'll have the same problem as you (driver stops working), didn't have it yet, maybe you could try installing the same drivers i have (306.30), and then just never reboot your laptop, only shutdown and start again Smiley Happy

Thx again for your help Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors